Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook - January 18th

Outside my window . . .darkness. No wind for a change, it was really roaring this time last night. It was cold enough today that the puddles stayed frozen, not that it mattered as my kids didn't get much chance to play outside

I am thinking . . . my little girl is almost all grown up. I know she has a long way to go, but man she's made leaps and bounds in the past year. She can be such a gem to be around.

I am thankful for . . . my family. We've had such a great couple of days. I really feel like things are they way they should be.

From the kitchen . . . whole lot of nothing. We had a lot of left overs so I didn't do a lot of cooking today. Sad. My kitchen feels cold!

I am wearing . . . wet socks. The boys' bath got a little crazy, apparently.

I am creating . . . a to-do list. I'm trying to make my mornings go a little smoother the day a week I go to work!

I am reading . . . A Thomas Jefferson Eduction: The Phases of Learning. A very interesting idea. I'm not sure I'm prepared to go the distance, or that it'll be a fit for my family, but I like a lot of their information.

I am going . . . to have a bath. Such luxury! I should scrub the tub before I get in, but I may run out of oomph. Maybe I should have the tub-scrubbing listed during the morning, rather than last thing. It may get done more regularly!

I am hoping . . . the library books I've requested come in this Thursday. I'm all afire with this whole Thomas Jefferson thing haha!

I am hearing . . . my daughter and husband tease each other. Scott is learning how to braid a ten-strand rein and Tawny is helping him get started.

Around the house . . . . things are mostly ready for bed. I probably need to pick up a million little cars in the living room and sweep the floor, but other than that, done!

Favorite things . . . good books. I just can't live without them! My ipad may be my downfall as I can buy and read a book in mere seconds whenever and wherever I have an internet connection.

A few plans . . . I've been starting a simple little calendar time with Silas to introduce months of the year and days of the week. I've also included a little daily schedule so he can see what's coming up that day. It's really good for me as it increases my accountability. I often think, "right, today I'll set them up with play dough while I cook supper rather than putting on a movie" and then fail to follow through. This way we can all see what's coming up next and they love it! Also, this Saturday we'll be welcoming a new dog for Mississippi, if you can believe it, and we have a birthday party to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment