Tuesday, January 4, 2011

FOR TODAY - January 4, 2011

Outside my window... Darkness.  It snowed earlier today, and since dark fell, another inch or two has landed.  Fresh snow lifts my spirits.  Springlike weather simply makes me slightly annoyed with Mother Nature to tease me, as I know Spring doesn't really arrive until at least April, if not May or even June.

I am thinking...
 I should hurry off to the next thing.  I need to start setting a timer every time I sit down at the computer, otherwise way too much time is wasted.  I'd like to clean my microwave and my bathtub before a soak in the tub and bedtime.  So tired!

I am thankful for...
 the wonderful health and happiness we as a family have enjoyed this past year.  What a blessing!

From the kitchen... I was busy today!  The little ones and I made two different types of cookies, and then I made a really nice roast chicken dinner later on.  Mmmmm, and warmed up leftover home-made pizza from yesterday at lunch time.

I am wearing... Standard jeans and long sleeved shirt.  Nothing fancy.

I am creating... a reading list for the year.  I believe I will be joining in on another reading list, but of course, adding more!

I am going... to get to work soon!  Shouldn't be on here for so long in the evenings!

I am reading... The Birth House.  Have only just begun, but I am really enjoying the writing style and character so far!  It's also the first book I've read on my iPad.  So exciting!  I'm also still working my way through Building Moral Intelligence.  So interesting.   I hope to base my Character Education plans for Silas on both it and the Family Virtues Guide.  Coming soon.

I am hoping ...
 Oliver sleeps well tonight.  He's had a cold for the last few days and hasn't slept well, especially past 430 in the morning.  Makes for a tired (and sick) mama!

I am hearing... nothing.  Sleeping children mean a silent house!

Around the house... all the Christmas decorations are now taken down.  Now if only I could track down a few of the missing gifts.  How does one lose a cardboard box full of musical instruments and an apron?

One of my favorite things... Hot chocolate made with canned milk and extra sugar, with rye bread for dipping.  My Opa taught me, my sisters and all my cousins the fabulous joy such a simple little thing could provide.  But as I'm working to lose a few pounds, I've been restraining myself.  I've even gone so far as to put the half a loaf of rye bread back into the freezer!

No comments:

Post a Comment