Tuesday, November 30, 2010

For Today… Tuesday, November 30th

Outside my window... It's once again pitch black.  Funny I started this in the few last minutes of naptime, hoping I'd have a better comment, however my littles awoke as soon as my fingers were poised to type (of course)!

I am thinking... how amazing it is that December starts tomorrow!  My favorite time of year!

I am thankful for... the fact that I finished the kids' advent calendar.  I splurged on Fisher Price toys: the Nativity set, the Inn set and the Wise Men set.  I then fashioned a hanging 18-shoe pocket organizer into an advent calendar with the four bigger items in gift bags, their numbers afixed.  So pleased!  I really want my boys to learn the meaning of Christmas, even if we're not a religious family. 

I am wearing... what I call my practical town clothes.  Nothing fancy, but new enough not to be relegated to ranch-wear only.  Long sleeve shirt and blue jeans.  Wow.   Wishing I had more winter skirts, but I'm building my wardrobe up slowly.   Love being a girl!

I am remembering...the excitement of using those cheap little chocolate advent calendars.  They have those too, let's just hope they like the nativity advent calendar as well (better yet, let's hope they like it even more, and it brings the story of the Navity alive for them.  Reaching even higher, I hope this can be the beginning of a new tradition for them to remember and anticipate and enjoy!)

I am going... to pick Tawny up from town as soon as my dear husband returns to care for the boys.  We're doing a little Christmas shopping tonight!

I am reading...Nanny Returns.  Nothing too deep, but fun and relaxing.  If it wasn't for the fact that my mom loaned it to me, I could very well be bookless.  Things are already busy!

I am hoping... I have time to get a good chunk of my work-related stuff done tonight, as well as the shopping, sensory bin (see below) and scrubbing the bath tub tonight.  Think I can do it?  Three guesses which one this procrastinator drops if necessary.  Actually, you may need the three guesses, cause the tub AND the work related stuff are almost equally unappealing.  Almost.  Have I mentioned how much I dislike scrubbing bath tubs?

From the learning rooms… Not too much to report really.  We only really do Tot School/Preschool when Silas doesn't need to nap as soon as Oliver (or I don't need the full hour and a half to myself to get a few things done!) so it hasn't happened too often lately.  I AM creating a new sensory bin tonight!  Christmas Theme (of course) and I'm pleased as the Fisher Price toys arrived in a ton of packing peanuts, which I've never had before.  Will be great to add to the bin!

Noticing that… 

From the kitchen… Butter Chicken in the crock pot!  Smells wonderful!  I've never made it in the crock pot before and I'm really looking forward to it.  I try and use the crock pot at least twice a week.

One of my favorite things: All things Christmas!  I always try and have a good chunk of my shopping done at this point so I might have more time to enjoy time decorating, baking and creating traditions and memories - especially with the little ones!

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Let's see, work tomorrow (a necessary evil as I get paid in free organic produce and at-cost organic dry goods and body products lol), followed by errands and work-trade with my mom on Thursday.  I helped her wash the walls and dust all the pictures and carvings in her main room at her house and so on Thursday she'll come to my house and take my boys for a walk and a visit with my sister so I can get some more organizing and maybe even wrapping done.  Kitchen cupboards on the to do list and possibly my oven!  Friday is StrongStart day - not sure which one I'll go to this week.  One has a more structured program and the other has 45 minute gym time.  Not sure which one will appeal more by then!  Saturday is baking day - must make a ton of cookies!   And when will I get the pine boughs and pine cones collected?  String up the new LED light string I bought for outside?  Saturday?  Perhaps.

A picture to share:  

I don't really consider myself crafty, but I did have a good time felting a simple cover for my new iPad recently.  The boys enjoyed it too.  Just wanted to share this litte tidbit!

No comments:

Post a Comment